Monday, September 21, 2009

Alaska Trip





I have wanted to do a trip to Alaska for 20 years now. My brother Andy moved up there 4 or 5 years ago so I finally got to see him and experience Alaska. It was an amazing trip and quite an adventure. The weather did not cooperate however and rained 7 days straight. I can fish in the rain, but it caused the rivers to flood and made fishing difficult. Also because of the rain I didn't take many pictures for fear of ruining my camera.
We did hire a charter to take us out in the ocean one of the days. I caught a 120 pound halibut.(my arms and back were sore after reeling him in) In the river we caught mostly pink salmon, which averaged 4-7 pounds. Towards the end of the week we started catching a few silver salmon, which averaged 10 pounds and bigger.
Andy and Cherie were very nice to us and we ate fresh fish every night cooked by a different recipe.

1 comment:

Gordon's Blog said...

Looks like fishing haven up there. I need to schedule a trip up there to visit Andy as well. I don't imagine the ocean is very warm.