Thursday, September 25, 2008

1st ever antelope hunt





I have never been antelope hunting before, but since I moved to Wyoming(which has the largest population of antelope in the country) I decided to give it a try. My friend Dave and I drew a tag north of Rawlins, Wyoming.
If you've ever driven through Wyoming you can see antelope everywhere. So it should be easy to get one. It's a different story when you're away from the road and trying to get close to them. They have excellent eyesight and can see you over a mile away. It was however one of the easier big game hunts that I've had. I had mine within 4 hours of hunting and Dave had his later that afternoon. It was fun and we plan to do it next year. We now have a better idea what a big one looks like and will try for a bigger one next fall.

No comments: